Saturday, July 23, 2005

Monkeys on Aerobics

there is a concept known as shame, or more affectionately known as self-awareness. yet this concept, as tonight would and did showcase, seemed to be quantum physics to some. what with the exhibitionist flower-power-hand-movements dancing extravagance on the platform and glorification of the ego, when let's just say not everyone takes to your kind of display and narcissistic exuberance, the net effect is just undesirable. this is not about to degenerate into some zoo-display categorizing but i shall just leave it as that clubbing should be left to the beautiful. then again i was informed by some close company that the beautiful have no reason to come out anyhow since they have enough ego-boosters in the day to set them for life. but then again, it's about the company that you have while you're boozing and trancing so it's still worth a trip in the end.

as the day draws closer for my protracted length of absence from the sandy shores of safe-haven Singapore, it seems the logistical bonanza is taking shape. i just received my official acceptance letter, which leaves my entry clearance into the UK status much to be desired for. and the rice cooker my mum bought together with five thousand and one packets of sauces, instant food-thingys, etc, packing doesn't seem too fun anymore. the addendum to this nightmare is my trip to Hong Kong which is right round the corner. i need my last taste of Asia before i go so no one's gonna deprive me of that. but anyone who wants to be deigned as the official packer is most welcome.

and they called it 'London: Strike 2'. seriously, when will it all end? it's mind-numbingly senseless and language becomes so inadequately overhyped, in this case.

till then, i have my Edinburgh address out. just drop me a line should you require it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still emotionally scarred from that run-in with the synchronized retro-drones on that fateful mambo-jambo night many, many moons ago. May need therapy.

Realized that we were hoplessly outnumbered and beat a hasty (and underaged) retreat to phuture.

Halcyon days of youthful indiscretions. I feel old.

eth said...

no one sums it up better than you do mich.=)

and yes, those were certainly the days but young is what i feel still, in my heart.

gosh who am i kidding.

Anonymous said...

since you're upping and leaving, you'll not be around to witness my big two-three...soon I'll be joining the ranks of the older (and hopefully wiser).

Enjoy the trainspotting. I'll miss you, you old geezer ;)

eth said...

yes will definitely miss ya too. and i texted u a while back, but u never reply, did u change numbers or sthg?